Solidus is looking for a Developer Relations Engineer!
About the project
Solidus is the free, open-source platform for eCommerce trailblazers. Built on Ruby on Rails, Solidus is designed to be incredibly flexible: you start from a strong foundation, but you have the freedom to customize every single aspect of your store. Today, Solidus is used in production by a multitude of popular stores such as Maisonette, MeUndies, On and Ace & Tate, just to name a few.
We want to produce amazing content for developers using Solidus. Our documentation will define the best practices to build reliable custom eCommerce websites using Ruby and Rails.
About the role
We are looking for a Developer Relations Engineer for Solidus. You would work along the Core Team and the rest of the Solidus community to maintain and evolve the platform over the years.
What you will be doing:
- Scoping and building samples, docs, and developer content with minimal guidance.
- Producing code and documentation that is accessibly written for a well-defined audience.
- Providing support to community members in the platform's Slack channel, on StackOverflow and in GitHub Discussions.
- Contributing with ideas and thoughts to shape the future of the platform.
- Improving developer experience including writing web-based tools to make developers' jobs easier.
Requirements and nice-to-haves
You may be the right person if you have the following:
- Experience in developer relations, or other customer-facing roles.
- Experience participating in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems (e.g., open-source platforms, blogs, YouTube video series, tech conferences, hackathons, meet ups, technical teaching, and training).
- Experience developing platforms, SDKs, or developer tools.
- Experience with Ruby and Rails, to make small contributions to the platform and embed ecosystem's best practices within developers content.
- Excellent oral and written English and strong communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with both business and engineering.
Furthermore, you are most likely the right person if you also have some or all of the following:
- Track record of open-source contributions and community involvement a plus.
- Experience maintaining and evolving large documentation projects over long periods of time.
- Experience in the eCommerce domain.
Timezone and location
This is a fully asynchronous position open to candidates from all over the globe.With that said, you will need to attend a few meetings every now and then, so make sure you have at least a few hours of overlap with CET and ET.
About the employer
Because Solidus is a community-sponsored project, you'll be paid by the community through our Open Collective funds, which are collected and spent in complete transparency. You will report directly to the Solidus stakeholders.
Note that this is a contractor position with no further benefits. You will be expected to manage your time, submit invoices and pay your own taxes.
These are the hiring process' steps:
- Fill this form with your information.
- You'll get in touch with one member of the Stakeholders Group for scheduling an informal video meeting. We'll be discussing your past experiences and why you fit the role.
- If we are a good match, you'll be invited to another video meeting with a representative of the Stakeholders Group for the final decision.
We are looking forward to knowing you!